|Birthday||April 14 (Aries)|
|Japanese Voice||Ryōta Ōsaka|
|English Voice||Kyle McCarley|
Watari has light caramel brown hair and eyes of a corresponding colour. His hair is a medium length and is slightly swept to the right, causing him to look easygoing and approachable. He is known for being good looking, which he uses to his advantage. Watari is the average height for a junior high student his age. He has an average build and is also quite lean. His uniform is to be pictured slightly disheveled, with his tie loose around his neck and his shirt not being tucked in, making girls swoon for him.
Watari is a bit of a play-boy. He seems to prefer girls who are "cute" seen as he comments in episode 1 that when he sees Kaori for the first time he stated that Tsubaki did a good job on finding a cute looking girl. Furthermore, when introduced to Hiroko Seto, he talks to her immediately, calling her "Onee-sama" and telling Kousei that she's cute. Watari also seems chill on the outside shown when he loses the last game of his middle school career and comforts his team mate. Really Watari is fragile. He also supports his friends as shown when Arima confesses to Watari. Watari tells Arima that its up to the girl to decide whether you are worth it or not. He supports Arima falling in love with Kaori even though he loves her a lot.
Watari is a very skilled at soccer, he is the captain of his team, and is seen easily dribbling past people in a junior high soccer tournament game, but can also be distracted at times; mainly when his friends are around, or just things to get easily distracted by in general. Due to his good looks, he is also known as a "chick-magnet".
The original meaning of his first name Ryota originally means "cool" or "refreshing". His last name Watari, the original meaning for that word is "over".
Possibly, since the last name is culturally used first when addressing someone by their full name in Japan, he is referred to as Over-Cool or Over-Refreshing, which would be a pun on how popular he is with the ladies.
In his childhood, he was often seen with Tsubaki and Kousei. Unlike Kousei, Watari had a general, nonchalant attitude toward life.
- (To Kousei) "Nice guys are doomed to finish first."
- (To Kousei) "It's only natural for the girl you're crushing on to be in love with someone else. Since you're in love with her, she sparkles in your eyes."
- (To Kousei) "A man can only take action! Whether or not it's impossible, the girl will let you know."
- (To Kousei) "Your true character is revealed by your actions in face of adversity."
- (To Kousei) "Stars only shine when they're set against the night."
- (To Students) "What lucky guys you are to have been born in this era! After all, you're going to be there when a star named Watari Ryōta is born!"
- (To Kousei) "Well, I missed my chance at becoming a star. So the rest is up to you!"
- (To Himself) "Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! No way am I going to lose next time, all right?"
- (To Kousei) "I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend."
|"The piano is you. If you touch it gently, it will smile. If you touch it with force, it will become enraged"|
|This article is considered a Stub. As such, this article's contents are expected to grow over time. Help this article grow by editing it.|