|"The piano is you. If you touch it gently, it will smile. If you touch it with force, it will become enraged"|
|This article is considered a Stub. As such, this article's contents are expected to grow over time. Help this article grow by editing it.|
|Air Date||March 12, 2015|
|Chapter(s)||Chapter 41: Snow|
|Hand in Hand||Spring Breeze|
The shock of seeing Kaori's condition suddenly take a turn for the worse causes Kousei to once again turn away from the piano. “Music takes away everyone I care about…” His past trauma flashing through his mind, Kousei finds himself all alone again.
- Kaori completes her intensive care treatment and returns to her room.
- Kaori is admitted to the operating theater for her surgery.
- The final round of the Eastern Japan Piano Competition begins, with Emi completing her performance.
- Kousei begins his performance.
- Kousei Arima
- Chopin Ballade No.1 in G minor, Op. 23
- Kousei Arima
- Kaori Miyazono
- Tsubaki Sawabe
- Ryota Watari
- Nao Kashiwagi
- Nagi Aiza
- Hiroko Seto
- Koharu Seto
- Takeshi Aiza
- Emi Igawa
- Yuriko Ochiai
- Mr. and Mrs. Miyazono
- Saki Arima (flashback)
- (Kousei to Hiroko) "Hiroko...why does it have to end up this way? All I...all I ever wanted was to play the piano, and make my mother get well...that's all. All I did...was fall in love. Why does it have to end up this way? I can't...go on. No more...I can't try anymore..."
- (Kaori to Kousei) "But you have me. I'm going to have surgery, you see. On February 18th. I'm going to struggle as hard as I can. Struggle, struggle, struggle like there's no tomorrow. It's your fault. It's all your fault, all of it. The reason I'm putting up an unseemly struggle, why I'm so fixated on living...it's your fault. You gave me this desire to cling to the time that I spend with you. Aren't you going to struggle too? We're so good at struggling! We risk our lives to struggle, because we're musicians, remember?"
- (Kaori to Kousei) "See? Miracles can happen just like that! You exist inside me, Kousei Arima. You like egg sandwiches. You like Moo Moo Brand milk. What else do you like? What are you favourite insects? What kind of stuff did you collect? What anime shows did you watch? There's so much that I don't know. I envy Tsubaki-chan for knowing everything. I want to know so many things about you. I'm so...I'm so scared. I'm so scared. Don't leave me all alone!"
- (Hiroko monologuing during Kousei's performance) "Kousei's performance is bursting with color. Bursting...with such mournful colour."
- Following the initial airing of this episode in Japan, the show's director reported on Twitter that Canelé began selling out in most areas of Japan. He described this as the "Kimi Uso effect" and proceeded to thank fans of the series for their support.
|#3||Inside Spring||#4||The Journey|
|#5||Gray Skies||#6||On the Way Home|
|#7||The Shadows Whisper||#8||Let it Ring|
|#9||Resonance||#10||The Scenery I Shared With You|
|#11||Light of Life||#12||Twinkle Little Star|
|#15||Liar||#16||Two of a Kind|
|#17||Twilight||#18||Hearts Come Together|
|#19||Goodbye, Hero||#20||Hand in Hand|